Updated: 2 days ago
The SAP FI Enterprise Structure serves as the backbone for an organization's financial management and reporting processes. SAP FI Enterprise Structure is a systematic representation of a business structure (Organizational Units) in SAP system.
It is Important to carefully plan and implement the SAP FI Enterprise Structure to ensure that it meets the needs of the business. like:
> How many Legal Entities does a Customer Need?
> What is the Level at which Customer Need to Create their Financial Statements?
> What is the Financial Year the Customer will Follow?
> Which is the Group Company and its Consolidation?
Let's take an Example of Bajaj Auto Ltd. which is Motor Bike Manufacturing Company.
In an Enterprise Structure, below are the Organizational Units or Levels at which Reports can be Generated-
Now, let's Configure this in our SAP system.
Configuration of FI Enterprise Structure:
Follow the Path to Define Organizational Units in the Enterprise Structure -
Path: SPRO>IMG>Enterprise Structure>Definition>Financial Accounting >
1. Company - Company in SAP is an Internal Trading Partner. It is the highest Level of Organizational Unit in SAP. It can have One or More Company Codes assigned to it, earlier it was used for Group Reporting Purpose. Now it is recommended for Inter-company transactions by Creating Company to Company Code at same level.
(Company is 6-Digit Alphanumeric Code in SAP System)
>> Define Company (T-Code OX15)
2. Company Code - It is a separate Legal Entity Registered for Separate Financial Statements. It is the smallest organizational Unit in FI. Each Company Code is assigned to Chart of Accounts, Fiscal Year variant, Field Status variant etc. Company Codes are Mandatory Unit in SAP to be Created.
(Company Code is 4-Digit Alphanumeric code in SAP)
>> Define Company Code- (T-Code OX02)
Select Edit Company Code Data & Define Company Code -
Country/Region & Currency are Mandatory Fields.
>> Assign Company Code to Company - (T-Code OX16)
3. Business Area - It is an Additional Independent Organizational unit for Reporting Purpose and can be assigned to any Company Codes. It is used primarily for Internal management reporting and analysis. In SAP it is mostly Used for Location wise Reporting.
(Business Area is 4-Digit Alphanumeric code in SAP system)
>> Define Business Area- (T-Code OX03)
Business Area are independent units can be assigned with any Company Code.
4. Segments - It is also Independent Organizational Unit for which can be utilized for Reporting. Segment Reporting was Introduced with New GL Concepts in ECC (2005). This can be used for Locations wise, Products wise reporting. Segment is derived from the assigned profit centers during Posting. It is Mostly used as Category of Similar Profit Centers.
(Segment is a 10 Digit Alphanumeric Code in SAP)
Define Segments -
Path >> SPRO > IMG > Enterprise Structure > Definition > Financial Accounting > Define Segments.
5. Profit Center- Profit centers can be used to track the performance of Individual business units, departments or products. It is the unit for management Decisions & for Internal Reporting purpose. These are assigned to a Company code and a Controlling area. SAP's Best practice is Profit Centers are mostly used for Product wise Reporting.
(Profit Center is 10 Digit Alphanumeric Code in SAP) (T-code KE51)
To Define Profit Center - In order to create Profit Centers, we need to Setup Controlling Area first and then Active the Profit Center Indicator for the Fiscal year. In order to create Profit Centers, we need to Setup Controlling Area first and then Active the Profit Center Indicator for the Fiscal year.
We have to define Profit Center Group in order to create Profit Centers below it.
Here we can Create Profit Center Group and Proft Centers in Standard Hierarchy for Profit Center with (T-Code KCH5N) and Do not Forget to make Active the necessary Profit Centers.
In conclusion, the SAP FI enterprise structure provides a systematic way to capture and manage financial data, enabling accurate reporting and analysis. It supports both Internal management needs and External legal requirements, contributing to effective financial decision-making and performance evaluation within an organization.
For complete video package visit the link below
New SAP S4 HANA FICO online batch starting from 05th Sep'23